My Guide Website?
Sani Pass, Lesotho and Basotho Village Day Trip
From Durban: Sani Pass, Lesotho and Basotho Village Day Trip
- Wrap yourself in a traditional Basotho blanket for the day
- Take a scenic 4x4 adventure up the daunting Sani Pass road through the mountains
- Savor lunch at the highest pub in Africa and taste traditional Basotho bread in a local village
- Enjoy the attention of an expert Basotho guide in a small group of no more than 8 people
- Benefit from included pickup and drop-off at a range of locations in Durban/eThekwini
DescriptionPack your passport and head up into the Mountain Kingdom for the day. At 3,240 meters (10,630 feet) above sea level, Lesotho can get a tad icy so wrap yourself up in an authentic Basotho blanket, which is yours for the day. You'll be taught how the blanket is tied and worn. After pickup from Durban or other available locations in the eThekwini Metropolitan Municipality, make your first stop at Himeville, at the base of the mountains. Here, climb into a rugged 4x4 and meet your specialist Basotho guide who knows the Sani Pass like the back of his hand. Then, embark on the steep climb up the scenic and daunting Sani Pass as you make your way towards Lesotho. Get your passport stamped at the border and head into no-mans-land which connects South Africa to Lesotho. Keep your camera on standby as you don’t want to miss a chance to capture these dramatic vistas. If you’re lucky, you may even score an eland sighting. Elands are believed to be mystical animals that were revered by the San or bushman people of Southern Africa. Once you enter Lesotho, your guide will introduce you to a Basotho village where you have the opportunity to try traditional bread and beer. Tip: the bread goes wonderfully well with the soup of the day at the pub nearby. Tick another thing off your bucket list by enjoying lunch at Africa’s highest pub (own cost). Later, it'll be time to head back the mountain for your drive back to eThekwini/Durban for drop-off at your accommodation.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Return trip between Durban and Himeville in a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle Return 4x4 tour from Himeville to Sani Pass and Lesotho Visit to a traditional Basotho Village Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off are included in Durban, Durban North, La Lucia, Umhlanga, Umdloti, Dolphin Coast, Tongaat Beach, Durban Central, Pietermaritzburg, Howick, Kloof, and Hillcrest
- Travelers are required to pre-check whether they require a travel visa to enter Lesotho or not. If you require a visa, it is your responsibility to acquire the necessary travel documents/visa prior to your tour
- Please note that no visas are issued at the border. The local partner is in no way responsible if any traveler is refused entry into Lesotho. Travelers refused entry into Lesotho may be left at the border or Himeville town until the tour returns
- Visa applications can take up to 2 weeks to process
- Please click here for more information: http://evisalesotho.com/
- This tour reaches heights of 3,240 meters (10,630 feet) above sea level. If you are prone to altitude sickness please take the necessary precautions