My Guide Website?
Durban: Boat Safari & Zulu Cultural Village Day Trip
Encounter wildlife on a boat safari, then immerse yourself in a Zulu cultural village on this day tour from Durban.
- Encounter wildlife and traditional Zulu culture on a day trip from Durban
- Sail through the iSimangaliso Wetlands Park by boat
- Look out for hippopotami, crocodiles, and many other species in a pristine habitat
- Immerse yourself in Zulu culture at the DumaZulu Cultural Village
- Learn about traditions and crafts, and witness bone throwing, singing and dancing performances
DescriptionSee the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the ISimangaliso Wetlands Park, then witness traditional arts, crafts, and performances at the DumaZulu village. Depart from Durban and head north along the coast to northern KwaZulu-Natal. The first stop is the small town of St Lucia inside the iSimangaliso Wetlands Park. Board a riverboat for a 2-hour guided tour of the estuary. Encounter a unique ecosystem of pristine coastline and magnificent scenery. Keep an eye out for hippopotami, and maybe see one of the estimated 1,000 crocodiles. The Park also has wildlife like lions, zebra, elephants, leopards, giraffes, black and white rhinos, and fish eagles. Next, immerse yourself in the DumaZulu Cultural Village in the heart of Zululand. Experience a village depicting traditional Zulu culture, with beehive huts arranged in a circle around a cattle kraal. Enjoy a welcome from a local guide who will explain the traditions and customs of the Zulu people including basket-weaving, and spear and shield-making. Feel free to purchase some decorative beadwork from the locals. View the village Sangoma perform traditional bone throwing, dancing, and singing, before making the journey back to Durban.
IncludesCollection and drop-off from Durban in an air-conditioned vehicle Entrance fees to all attractions Qualified tour guide
- All ages welcome
- It is very important to wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- German and Polish languages can be requested when booking
- If you are a wheelchair user, please inform the local partner prior to the start of the tour