Durban: Interactive Sightseeing Tour with Locals
Discover the wonders of Durban and unlock the city’s distinctive charm on this immersive sightseeing tour. Meet street artists, museum curators, horticulturists, and cool locals as you explore the city and experience what life is like here.
- Discover the city's collection of illegal trees and meet the 'loneliest man on the planet'
- Stroll through the streets of Durban's Arts Quarter and unlock the public portfolios of local street artists
- Meet the dancing curator of the city's largest collection of indigenous arts and crafts
- Taste Durban's best bunny chow and experience the flavors of African cuisin
- Explore the Markets of Warwick with an inspiring NGO
DescriptionStart the day with pickup from your accommodation then dive straight into your Durban adventure. Stroll through Africa’s oldest surviving Botanical Gardens and tap into its history and unique collections with a passionate horticulturist. Then meet the ‘loneliest man on the planet’, which is a tree, and discover the secret to invisibility. Next, unlock the trendy suburb of Glenwood, which is considered by many as the Arts Quarter of Durban. Explore on foot with local artists, Mooki Lion or Dane Stops, and track down the public portfolios of talented street artists. On the tour, uncover the underbelly of the city as you get into conversation about the social issues that underpin the art. Time to meet Mama Nkosi next, also known as the dancing curator of Phansi Museum, and the head honcho of one of the largest collections of indigenous art and crafts in KwaZulu Natal. Learn about indigenous beliefs, tribal culture and how people used the therapeutic nature of song and dance to deal with their emotions and feelings. Once you’ve worked up an appetite, taste the flavors of African cuisine and sample the popular delicacies of Durban such as bunny chow. With your energy levels restored, enter into the beating heart of the city, the Markets of Warwick. In the company of a local NGO, meet merchants peddling their wares and learn about the history, significance, and future of this remarkable space. After the market, drive through the city center as your guide brings it to life with historical anecdotes. Finish the day at the creative hub that is Station Drive Precinct and enjoy an artisan gelato tasting with local creatives. For those who'd like to test out some craft beer, stroll over the S43 and try the refreshing flavors at That Brewing Company (at own expense).
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Comfortable air-conditioned vehicle Experienced local guide Water All entrance fees and activities Gelato tasting Lunch/food Gratuities Optional craft beer tasting
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- Photography and videography is restricted on certain parts of this tour
- Personal belongings can be left in the tour vehicle when not required
- This tour includes some walking • Please bring some form of identification
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability