My Guide Website?
Durban: Mandela Capture Site & Howick Falls Day Trip
Get a chance to see first hand where Nelson Mandela was captured before he started his 27â€“year sentence at Robben Island. Enjoy the beauty of Howick Falls before concluding your tour with some amazing Zulu dancing at Phezulu.
- Visit the capital city of KwaZulu Natal the city
- See first hand where Nelson Mandela was captured
- Enjoy the 95 meter cascade waterfall and learn about local mythology
- Discover Zulu cultural dancing and singing
DescriptionStart your tour at Pietermaritzburg, the capital of KwaZulu-Natal. Move onÂ to the Mandela Capture Site, where Nelson Mandela was captured and sent into his incarceration. Head to Howick Falls, otherwise known as the place of the tall one. The waterfall is a 95 meter cascade into a broiling restless pool that the locals believe to be the place of the spirits of ancestor. To end the tour, visit the Valley of a Thousand Hills to experience and be mesmerized by the Zulu Culture and Zulu dancing at Phezulu Cultural Village and Reptile Park. Venture into traditional Zulu beehiveâ€“shaped thatched huts and learn about various artefacts, beliefs and rituals. Finish your tour with a visit to the Reptile Park where a qualified park guide will intrigue you with interesting facts about the resident crocodiles and snakes.
IncludesEntrance fees Professional tour guide Transportation Hotel pickup and drop-off from selected hotels in Durban
- German and Polish languages can be requested
- If you are a wheelchair user, please inform the local partner prior to the start of the tour