My Guide Website?
From Durban: Sani Pass and Lesotho by 4WD Vehicle26 Reviews
Take one of the world's great road trips from Durban and cross the Sani Pass in the Drakensburg Mountains into Lesotho. Visit the capital of KwaZulu Natal along the way and see the highlights of Pietermaritzburg.
- Travel the zig-zag gravel road of the Sani Pass by Land Rover
- Cross the high altitude border pass between South Africa and Lesotho
- Enjoy a hot lunch at the highest pub in Africa
- Get spectacular views of the Drakensberg Mountains
- Visit the capital of KwaZulu Natal at Pietermaritzburg
DescriptionBenefit from pickup at a location of your choice in Durban, and then make your way to the historic city of Pietermaritzburg, capital of KwaZulu Natal. Take a short sightseeing tour to see the statue of Mahatma Gandhi by City Hall. Then, venture into the Drakensberg Mountains on the amazing Sani Pass into Lesotho. Travel along the 33-kilometer gravel road that straddles the sheer cliffs in a series of tight zig-zag curves. Marvel at the dramatic landscape as you head from the Sani Pass Hotel, 1,566 meters above sea level. Be amazed as your 4WD Land Rover navigates the narrow road across the border post with Lesotho. Get spectacular views of the rolling hills and endless sky. Reach the top of the Sani Pass, 3,240 meters above sea level. Enjoy a hot lunch at the highest pub in Africa, and then meet the native Basotho people in a local village to learn about their everyday lives. Make your way back down the mountain to cross the boarder back into South Africa.
IncludesPickup and drop-off Transportation Guide All entrance fees Toll fees
- German and Polish languages can be requested
- If you are a wheelchair user, please inform the local partner prior to the start of the tour Lunch, drinks, and personal expenses are not included
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFromZAR 3,100.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today