My Guide Website?
From Durban: St. Lucia Wetlands Boat Ride1 Reviews
Visit the Isimangaliso (Greater ST Lucia) Wetlands Park, a UNESCO Site, where you will take part in a boat ride activity and have the opportunity to see the Crocodile along with the Hippo, while watching the Fish Eagle.
- Take a 2 hours boat cruise
- See hippopotamus, crocodiles and bird life
- Relax while watching crocodiles swimming along with the boat
- Enjoy a moment with the beautiful Fish Eagle and many other birds
DescriptionThe tour departs from Durban heading northward along the coast to northern KwaZulu-Natal. The first stop is the town of St Lucia and the estuary inside the iSimangaliso Wetlands Park. There you will board a river boat for a 2 hours guided tour of the estuary. The local guide will inform you of the reserves history and its incredible wildlife. Previously known as the Greater St. Lucia Wetland Park, iSimangaliso Wetlands Park was declared South Africa's first Natural World Heritage Site and is considered South Africa's third largest park with 280km of near pristine coastline and 328 000 hectares of magnificent scenery. The protected area is home to one of the largest population of hippopotami in SA, an estimated 1000 crocodiles as well as a wealth of plant, bird and animal life. The park was proclaimed a world heritage site because of the rich biodiversity, unique ecosystems and natural beauty occurring in a relatively small area. Animals occurring on the park include, lion, African elephant, leopard, black and southern white rhino, buffalo and in the ocean, whales, dolphins, and marine turtles including the leatherback and loggerhead turtle.
IncludesTransport Professional tour guide Entrance fee
- Please wear comfortable clothes and flat shoes and bring sun head, sun cream and a camera
- Please contact the local partner for pick-ups outside the designated pick-up area
- German and Polish languages can be requested
- If you are a wheelchair user, please inform the local partner prior to the start of the tour