My Guide Website?
From Durban: Wildlife Lovers Big 5 Safari at 2 Game Reserves1 Reviews
Track Africa's iconic Big 5 at two amazing reserves. Start with a 2.5-hour morning game drive at Hluhluwe-Imfolozi before jumping on board an open safari vehicle for an afternoon game drive with the best ranger in the game at Manyoni Private Game Reserve.
- Discover the second oldest game reserve on the planet
- Track rhino and elephant at the Hluhluwe-Imfolozi Game Reserve
- Enjoy exclusive access to the Manyoni Private Game Reserve
- Search for big cats from lions to cheetah and other big game species
- Explore Manyoni in an authentic open safari vehicle with an expert and experienced ranger
DescriptionGo on the only tour from Durban that takes you into an authentic private game reserve where the number of vehicles at sightings is limited. Take 2 stunning game drives at 2 reserves and encounter Africa's magnificent wildlife up-close. Benefit from included hotel pickup and drop-off, as well as complimentary use of Zeiss binoculars and multilingual wildlife/nature guide books during the tour. Hit the road early with pickup from your hotel at around 5 AM as wildlife, especially predators, are most active around dawn and dusk. Enter the Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve at Nyalazi Gate and enjoy a 2.5-hour morning game drive in a Hyundai H1 vehicle. Please note, this is not an open safari 4x4, though you will get that experience later in the day. Hluhluwe-Imfolozi is renowned for its White Rhino densities — after all, it saved the Southern White Rhino from extinction. Keep your Carl Zeiss Terra ED 8x42 binoculars on hand, as you never know what's around the corner. After your drive, stop for lunch at Hilltop Camp for a hearty meal with a stunning view. Lunch is at your own expense. Next, it's time to head into one of KwaZulu Natal’s premier private game reserves: Manyoni Private Game Reserve. This reserve only permits travelers staying at one of their luxury lodges to traverse the park, unless you’re with the local partner of course. Meet Manyoni’s most experienced ranger and jump into an authentic open safari 4x4. Then, embark on a 4-hour game drive through this pristine wilderness as you track down Africa’s iconic Big 5 and everything in between. Your ranger is passionate about the African bush and will help you understand the eco-system and the flora and fauna. As Manyoni is a private game reserve, rather than a national park, your expert ranger can go off-road and bring you more intimate sightings of big game. Depart the reserve at 4 PM for return to Durban.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Entrance fees for the national park 2.5-hour game drive within the national park Conservation fees for the private reserve 4-hour game drive within the private game reserve Multilingual safari guide books (English, German, and French) Knowledgeable ranger Zeiss 8x42 Terra ED binoculars — subject to availability Bottled Water
- Wildlife/Big 5 sightings are not guaranteed as this tour traverses large, authentic game reserves; these are not zoos
- Hotel pickup and drop-off are available in Durban, Durban North, La Lucia, Umhlanga, Umdloti Beach, Dolphin Coast, and Tongaat Beach
- Pickup time varies based on your location
- Please be ready 15 minutes before the activity starts