My Guide Website?
PheZulu Cultural Village & Oracle Consultation Tour
The tour is a combination of an inyanga/sangoma consultation and a visit to PheZulu Cultural Village and Reptile Park. This is a unique Zulu tour where you can take part in Zulu cultural practices.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Durban:If youʻre booking your trip to Durban last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Durban: Sani Pass, Lesotho and Basotho Village Day Trip
- From Durban: Lesotho Highlights 4-Day Trip with Meals
- Durban: 30-Minute Harbor Boat Cruise
- From Durban: Sani Pass and Lesotho by 4WD Vehicle
- Durban: 1-Hour Boat Cruise from Wilson's Wharf
- Visit an inyanga/sangoma for a bone-reading consultation
- Enjoy a guided tour of the PheZulu Reptile Park
- Experience Zulu dancing and a cultural show at PheZulu Village
DescriptionTake a half-day tour to experience authentic Zulu culture and see reptiles up close. Start with a visit to the picturesque area of Molweni. There you will have the opportunity to consult with the local inyanga/sangoma and have a traditional Zulu experience. The consultation lasts about 45 minutes where traditional methods like throwing the bones to connect with your ancestors will be done. The tour also travels to the Valley of 1000 Hills, home to the PheZulu Cultural and Safari Park. You will be taken into traditional beehive shaped thatched huts, where the various artefacts, beliefs and rituals of the Zulu people are explained, giving you an insight into the fascinating Zulu culture. The Zulu dancing show (50 minutes) is impressive with the dancers in their traditional garb, showing off their skills with grace, agility and humor. PheZulu also has a Reptile park where you will be taken on a tour by a knowledgeable local guide. Learn interesting facts about crocodiles and snakes and have a hands-on experience with Cleo the Burmese python who weighs 42kg.
IncludesPick-up and drop-off from Durban in an air-conditioned vehicle Scenic tour of the Molweni and Valley of 1000 Hills Visit to PheZulu Zulu Cultural Village Tour of PheZulu Reptile Park Qualified tour guide
- The bone-reading consultation is a Zulu spiritual activity; you will have to pay the sangoma/inyanga in cash directly after your consultation
- German and Polish languages can be requested
- If you are a wheelchair user, please inform the local partner prior to the start of the tour