Shakaland Full-Day Tour1 Reviews
Spend a full day experiencing traditional Zulu culture including traditional beer, watching the local crafts and hut building, and meeting an iSangoma (traditional healer), at the largest Zulu kraal in Zululand.
- Observe traditional Zulu culture, including their iconic beadwork and spear-making
- Watch Zulu dancers perform the Zulu War Dance
- Meet an iSangoma (traditional healer)
- Sample traditional Zulu beer
- Enjoy a delicious lunchtime feast
DescriptionExplore the village and open-air museum of Shakaland, which is still supervised by the local Zulu chief. Learn about Zulu culture and their customs, including the craftsmanship that goes into making spears, shields, and pots. Observe their skilled beadwork and pot-making and watch them build their huts, grind maize, and prepare food. Sample traditional Zulu beer, which is an important component of local festivities. Watch Zulu dancers and drummers as they perform the traditional Zulu War Dance, and meet a real isangoma (traditional healer). This will be followed by a delicious lunchtime feast in the village.
IncludesLunch Return transfers from Durban beachfront hotels
- This tour operates on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays
- Minimum 2 guests
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY