My Guide Website?
St Lucia Boat Safari and Emdoneni Wild Cat Day Tour1 Reviews
This tour is a combination of a 2-hour boat safari on the St Lucia river inside the Isimagaliso Wetlands and a visit to the Emdoneni Wild Cat Project to learn about the their wild cat project which rehabilitates cheetahs, wild cats and cervals.
- Enjoy a 2-hour river boat safari on the St Lucia estuary at Isimangaliso Wetlands
- Learn about about wild cats at the Emdoneni Wild Cat Project
- See amazing wildlife
DescriptionThe tour leaves from Durban and heads north of South Africa to Isimangaliso Wetlands Park- Greater St Lucia.The 332,000 hectare Isimangaliso Wetland Park was announced South Africa's first World Heritage Site in December 1999, while its name still remains as the Greater St Lucia Wetland Park. It received this prestigious status in recognition of the beauty of the landscape, its unique ecological processes and the exceptional diversity of species that the park protects. You will go on a 2-hour boat estuary tour where you will have a chance to be close to hippos, crocodiles and the famous fish eagle. After the trip you will take a leisurely walk along the estuary and see the beauty of the coastline area. From there you will go to the Emdoneni Wild Cat Sanctuary where you will have the opportunity to learn more about South Africa's wild cat species. You will be taken aback by the beauty of the caracal, enchanted by the very playful cerval and mesmerized by the speed and agility of the cheetah. The aim of the Emdoneni Wild Cat Sanctuary is to care for wild cats that have been orphaned or injured in the wild and are in need of care and rehabilitation. They also intend to breed successfully if possible and release the offspring back into their natural habitat.
IncludesEntrance fees National Park fees Professional guide Hotel pick-up and drop off (in a 10 km radius of Durban) Driver/guide Sightseeing cruise
- German and Polish languages can be requested
- If you are a wheelchair user, please inform the local partner prior to the start of the tour
- Entrance fees, National Park fees, and sightseeing cruise are included in the ticket price
- Food, drinks, and gratuities (recommended) are not included in the ticket price
- Please carry cash for lunch