Drakensberg World Heritage Tour4 Reviews
Visit Giant's Castle, a World Heritage Site in the South African Drakensberg mountain range. This 3km round trip hike takes you into the mountain's caves to see the Bushman cave paintings. End with a visit to the Nelson Mandela Capture Site.
- Visit the World Heritage Site of Giant's Castle
- Enjoy a guided tour of Bushman paintings
- Visit the Nelson Mandela Capture Site
DescriptionThe Bushman cave paintings are almost as old as humanity itself. They date back 2,000 years and are a fascinating look into the history and culture of the Bushmen or San people of South Africa. This full-day sightseeing heritage tour goes through the Drakensberg mountain range, a full 3-kilometer round trip hike. The cave paintings can be seen in the World Heritage Site Giant’s Castle. After the hike enjoy a hearty, well-earned lunch, which is included in the tour. On the return to Durban, visit the Nelson Mandela Capture Site, a significant monument that marks an important moment in South African history. Today it is commemorated as a world-class sculpture, in memory of Nelson Mandela and his heroic role in the struggle against apartheid.
IncludesLunch Return transfers from Durban beachfront hotels
- The tour departs every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday
- Please note that an average level of fitness is required. This hiking tour is a round-trip of (1.8 miles/3 kilometers) through the South African mountains, and some of the terrain requires an average level of fitness and strength
- Minimum 2 guests
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY