My Guide Website?
Sani Pass: Cultural and Heritage Tour2 Reviews
Experience all that the Sani Pass has to offer. Visit a remote Basotho village and watch traditional Basotho dancing. Have lunch here and interact with the local villagers.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Durban:If youʻre booking your trip to Durban last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Drive through the steep switchbacks of a World Heritage Site, the Sani Pass
- Cross the border from South Africa into the Kingdom of Lesotho and drive through remote villages
- Have an exclusive interaction with a remote village with a private local guide
- Visit a genuine traditional healer who is responsible for using her vast knowledge of herbs and health to assist many local people
- See the hand grinding of wheat bread and unique secret ceremonies of a rural society
- Visit the 'Highest Pub in Africa' and admire the views
DescriptionOn this tour, you will experience all that a standard Sani Pass tour offers plus the trip to Makhapung, a small Basotho village deep in the highlands of Lesotho. From Sani Top, cross the Sani Plateau before climbing the Black Mountain Pass (3240 meters). From here you can see Thabana Ntlenyana (the highest point in Southern Africa). Then head down the Sehonghong Valley, past Highland Basotho villages and on to Makhapung. The Makhapung living village is untainted and retains all its cultures and traditions. This trip offers a real insight into the lives of the Basotho nation. Have a completely unique experience and support this sustainable tourism project. Visit the resident traditional healer, observe a unique song and dance routine, and a secret ceremonial dance. Interact and have lunch with the villagers.
IncludesCross border toll fee Lesotho Tourism charges Fully qualified and experienced guide Additional private and articulate Basotho tour guide from the village Lunch and a beverage Unique song and dance routines Visit to traditional healer
- Passports are essential for this tour.
- Please wear warm clothes.
- Participants from some countries may require visas to enter Lesotho. Please check Lesotho.org website.