Travel Pass Hop-on Hop-off Bus - Cape Town to Johannesburg
Enjoy the freedom to discover South Africa at your own pace with a hop-on hop-off door-to-door bus service. Travel & Stop everywhere between Cape Town and Johannesburg through the Garden Route, the Wild Coast and the Drakensberg.
Are you a business owner in Durban?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Durban.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Travel in the comfort of a 19 seater semi-luxury bus with on board wifi, USB port, TV & DVD, air conditioning, trailers and create your own itinerary
- Plan your own route, decide where to start and end your trip, which stops you would like to make, and how much time you want to spend in each cities
- Stay safe thanks to convenient pickup and drop-off available from the door of your accommodation to the door of the next one from over 40 cities
- Meet fellow travelers who share your passion for exploring and adventure, share your travel tips and have fun with people from all over the world
- Enjoy freedom and flexibility, organise your plans long in advance or last minute, change your mind and update your travel itinerary without fees
- Get picked-up & drop off at the door of the best accommodations South Africa offer
DescriptionPlan your own route, decide where to start, which stops you would like to make, where you finish your trip and how much time you want to spend in each town. Depending on the travel pass you choose, your ticket will only expire after 7 days, 14 days or 21 days. Choose your desired pick-up and drop off points from a list of over 200 accommodations in Cape Town, Port Elizabeth, Durban, Johannesburg, Pretoria and dozens of smaller towns along the way. Enjoy the flexibility to get on and off as many times as you want. Either pre-book all of your stretches in advance or book each section of your itinerary as you travel if you prefer to be more spontaneous (at least 72 hours notice is recommended). Reserve your desired bus rides with the local tour operator by providing your name, ticket number, departure date, pick-up town and accommodation and drop-off point. You will be given a confirmation number for each stretch. Buses only run during the days and not during nights. Buses are 19 seater semi-luxury buses with onboard Wifi, USB port, TV, DVD players, air conditioning and trailers capable of carrying surfboards and bicycles. Please note that Port Elizabeth and Durban are compulsory overnight stopovers. All accommodation needs to be booked directly with accommodation of your choice. Each year the local tour operator select the best accommodations South Africa has to offer and collect and drop off from their doors. From backpackers hostels, guest houses, lodges and hotels, the establishements on their list suit every budget and travel style. Also note that some of the locations shown on the map with dotted lines are only accessible through the use of independent shuttle services (not included in the ticket price) which link to the bus route. If you require shuttle services, you will need to pre-arrange them directly with the accommodation offering the service.
IncludesFuel surcharge Shared transfer Friendly, helpful and experienced driver The driver will be using a headset for passengers to hear him clearly Accommodation pick-up and drop-off (selected accommodation only, refer to Departure list) Trailer attached so you can bring along your bike, surfboard or Golf Set, etc. No extra charge when changing trip details before the pick up time On board information files about accommodation and activities in each town Shuttle cost for inaccessible areas Accommodation Meals Activities
- Refer to Timetable and days of departure for each bus when planning your itinerary
- Refer to Arrival and Departure List to choose your pick-up point and book your accommodations
- Reserve your seats in advance with the local supplier as seating is subject to availability
- Times given on the timetable are only a guideline. Times depend on traffic, roadworks, etc.
- You need to be ready 15 minutes prior to pick up time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Please note that the date you select is not binding. You can arrange a different date of departure with the tour provider after purchase. Your ticket has no expiry date so you can buy now and travel anytime
Easy cancellationThis activity is non-refundable
You may also like
From Full-Day Hluhluwe-Umfolozi Park Tour
Spend a full day on safari in the magical Hluhluwe-Umfolozi Park on this spectacular tour from Durban. See the amazing wildlife in their natural environment, including rh7 ReviewsFrom ZAR 2,570.00
Durban Township Half-Day Bike Tour
Escape the throngs of tourists and experience South African township life on this bike tour. Explore the buzzing streets of KwaMashu township, just outside Durban. Sample1 Reviews
- Best Seller
Half-Day Safari from Durban
Enjoy a half-day tour focusing on KwaZulu-Natal’s diverse wildlife. Your local qualified tour guide will share their knowledge and experience, educating you about South8 ReviewsFrom ZAR 1,634.00
Shakaland and Zulu Culture Full-Day Trip
Spend a day learning about the Zulu people in South Africa. This tour includes a visit to the Shaka Zulu Memorial and a 3-hour Queen Nandi tour, with a focus on Shaka Zul2 ReviewsFrom ZAR 2,378.00
From Sani Pass and Lesotho by 4WD Vehicle
Take one of the world's great road trips from Durban and cross the Sani Pass in the Drakensburg Mountains into Lesotho. Visit the capital of KwaZulu Natal along the way a6 ReviewsFrom ZAR 2,378.00
Zulu Oracle & Herbalist Experience
Come and enjoy a unique Zulu experience with a traditional Zulu oracle, diviner or herbalist. An Inyanga or a Sangoma is a traditional medicine practitioner or shaman of1 ReviewsFrom ZAR 438.00
Sani Pass: Day Tour from Durban
A day-trip to the Sani Pass, one of the most spectacular and scenic mountain passes in Africa. Departing from and returning to Durban, this is a must for any tourist trav1 ReviewsFrom ZAR 2,520.00
From Sani Pass/Lesotho Tour
Get your adrenaline rush on this full-day tour of the Sani Pass, the highest road in Africa. Explore the Kingdom of Lesotho, enjoy a lunch and beautiful views at Africa's2 ReviewsFrom ZAR 2,915.00
Underberg: Sani Pass and Authentic Lesotho Cultural Tour
Travel by 4x4 vehicle to a remote Lesotho village for an exclusive experience to interact with a traditional healer and watch secret dancing and rituals. On your way back1 ReviewsFrom ZAR 1,625.00
Durban Half-Day City Tour - Golden Mile, Botanical Gardens
Enjoy a half-day tour of multicultural Durban, South Africa. Drive along the beautiful stretch of beach known as the Golden Mile, explore the Botanic Gardens. Conclude wi5 ReviewsFrom ZAR 570.00